The Installation Process In Home
- Technician examines existing conditions of meter setting and takes pre-installation digital photo before.
- Technician shuts main valve – and takes a photo of the meter reading water service interuption is between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Technician replaces existing meter with a new meter and radio unit and restores water to the property and checks for leaks. Once the installation is cleared for leaks the Technician takes an after installation photo.
- Technician identifies location where to drill hole and run wire. Holes are drilled on an upward angle and caulked when work is complete. If required.
- Technician routes wire through the hole and secures wire to joists, following pipes or existing wire runs and wires register terminals following the manufacturers color code.
- Technician cleans work area removing all installation related debris and takes the post installation digital photo of the mounted radio unit or in the case of and integral RF unit a photo of the exterior of the home. Photo sequence B.R.A.M.
- Technician completes meter change work order indicating the following: customer account number, read sequence, install date, meter size & type, new meter serial number, new MIU serial number, reading on old meter. Customer Confirms out meter reading and signs off on installation form.
The following steps are required to successfully replace a water meter to AMR in a meter box application:
- Technician examines existing conditions of meter setting and takes pre-installation digital photo.
- Technician clears debris (sand, dirt) from meter box and/or de-waters meter box as required.
- Technician shuts main valve water service interuption is between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Technician replaces existing meter with a new meter and radio unit.
- Technician restores water and checks for leak and verifies that there is a watertight seal at the meter fittings.
- Technician mounts pit receptacle to meter box lid.
- Technician programs MIU with Manufactures authorized equipment (supplied by NMS) and enters the data into the electronic format and paper work order.
- Technician informs the customer of the successful installation. In the event the customer was not home during the installation a Flush the Water line notice will be left at the property.